Carolyn M. Walker


Old Blog of Carolyn M. Walker

Monday, August 24, 2015

Back to School... Yes Please!

Back to School Carolyn M Walker
For some, it has already started. For others, it's not for another week or so. However for me, today was the first day back to school for my daughter Amber! She was excited but I was ecstatic! As a writer, time alone to get work done is so important! And now I get to partake in the joys of quiet and uninterrupted time once again. Thank you Jesus! Not that I did not enjoy every moment of summertime with my young one but ahh.... do you hear that?

(insert long pause here)

Exactly! Enjoy the silence! Of course that doesn't mean I won't be blaring some of that Depeche Mode or Foster the People or Aretha Franklin or Luke Bryan as I write on (I enjoy a wide variety of music). For all my parents out there who have passed GO, collected $200 and sent their precious bundle(s) of joy off to school, give a shout out! 

I love to think of back-to-school time as a time to start a few new things of my own. I reflect on the year thus far, and bring things into perspective moving forward. It gives me some much needed clarity of mind before we get lost in the whirlwind of the holidays and end of year hurrahs. One of the things I like to do is make some writing goals for myself.

My writing goals for this fall are:
  • Finish my current fiction novel and begin the submission process.
  • Attend at least two writer's conferences.
  • Organize my stockpile of poetry (wouldn't mind submitting that either :P).
  • Networking with more great authors and writers. (I have met so many talented and wonderful folks so far!).

 If you have any new writing goals of your own, share below!



No comments:

Post a Comment